We worked with a leading distributor who had recently invested in 5 core brake stretch wrap machines but were using a 24 micron power pre cast film.
We ran a comparison with two other films and replaced their existing product with a low micron Pre-Stretch performance film.
The switch in film resulted in:
- a yield improvement of 314%
- Increased pallets wrapped per tonne – 5882 vs 1418
- Reduction in film used per pallet – 170 grams vs 705 grams
- 56% cost reduction on stretch wrap spend
- Reduced waste packaging
- Improved carbon footprint
- Increased productivity – fewer roll changes