COVID 19 – An update from Macfarlane Group
As we all take the first tentative steps in response to the easing of some of the Government’s lockdown measures, I thought it would be useful to update you on the actions we are taking at Macfarlane.
- All of our sites have been operational throughout lockdown, with a number of our staff also working from home.
- We have recently implemented a programme at all our sites to improve workplace distancing and hygiene procedures to ensure our customers and staff stay protected.
- Our field sales teams have been provided with new sales tools to enable them to operate effectively on a remote basis and have new strict H&S protocols where customers accept face to face meetings.
- We have invested more resource in our online ordering system, Simplicit-e, in response to increasing demand from customers who choose to order over the internet.
- The Macfarlane Innovation Lab has been upgraded with a £200k investment in new technology. Additional social distancing and hygiene protocols are also in place and the Innovation Lab is now open for customer visits.
The team at Macfarlane has worked hard during lockdown to support our customers, many of whom have played major roles in ensuring vital supplies and equipment have been available to the NHS and critical parts of UK industry.
We recognise that you will now be looking for your suppliers to provide further support in terms of increased supply chain efficiency and added value for your business. We are preparing the Macfarlane business to extend our support to you by exploring and sharing ideas that will enable you to reduce your total cost of packaging using our Significant Six methodology.
When you are ready, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss the Significant Six approach – by video, phone, face to face or through an Innovation Lab visit.
Thank you for your loyalty to Macfarlane. I very much hope that the worst of this crisis is now behind us and we look forward to continuing to work with you safely and effectively.
As always if I can be of any help then please feel free to be in touch
Peter D Atkinson