COVID 19 – A message from Macfarlane Group
After a busy summer I thought it would be useful to update you on key developments at Macfarlane Group:
- While we saw some easing of restrictions across the summer, as COVID levels went into retreat, regrettably we are now seeing the reinstatement of controls, with the prospect of life (and business) becoming more difficult for us all as we approach the winter months.
- Despite the forthcoming challenges all of our locations remain open for business and all appropriate precautions remain in place to make them safe for staff and visitors.
- All of our drivers have the necessary PPE and personal hygiene tools to protect both their health and those people with which they may come into contact as they make deliveries.
- A number of our staff will remain working from home where possible and we have enhanced the equipment they have to ensure they can communicate effectively.
- We have seen an increase in customers requesting visits from our sales team who have also been provided with the necessary PPE for these visits to be carried out safely.
The health and safety of our staff and our customers remain our key priority and we will work alongside all our customers to ensure that precautions are implemented effectively.
The October-December trading period has traditionally been a particularly busy time. Our additional priorities during this period include:
- To work closely with you to ensure that we can provide the products and services you need during the seasonal period.
- Supply chains may come under some pressure with both the seasonal and Brexit impact and, therefore, it would be beneficial where possible, to understand your forward needs.
- To continue to offer you guidance and advice to ensure you have the most cost-effective packaging operation. The “Significant Six” model remains a great way of identifying improvement opportunities.
- Our Innovation Lab is now fully available for visits and can also be accessed virtually if this better suits your needs.
- We have improved our transactional capability. If you prefer to transact with us online, talk to us about Simplicit.e, our online trading platform.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience during these difficult times. The feedback we receive from our customers enables us to be flexible and effective in responding to your needs.
I want to assure you that the team at Macfarlane are committed to working with you to assist in meeting your needs and, as ever, if you wish to raise anything with me directly, please feel free to contact me.
Peter D Atkinson