Machine stretch wrap can be a great place to start if you’re looking to make significant cost savings or reduce waste packaging figures.
Technological advancements in performance stretch films deliver great performance from low micron stretch – this means that you can wrap a pallet using less material and still have exceptional load containment.
This gives you:
- Reduced costs
- Reduced material usage
- Increased yield from single rolls of film
- Reduced operator roll changes – increasing production efficiency
- Reduced waste disposal costs
- Reduced carbon footprint
Professional analysis can help find the right material to maintain load containment by analysing your pallet profiles, weights and wrapping machines. A professional pallet wrap analysis is quick and easy and causes minimal disruption to your packing operation.
We worked with a leading distributor who had recently invested in 5 core brake stretch wrap machines but were using a 24 micron power pre-cast film.
We ran a comparison with two other films and replaced their existing product with a low micron Pre-Stretch performance film.
The switch in film resulted in:
- A yield improvement of 314%
- Increased pallets wrapped per tonne – 588 vs 142
- Reduction in film used per pallet – 170 grams vs 705 grams
- 56% cost reduction on stretch wrap spend
- Reduced waste packaging
- Improved carbon footprint
- Increased productivity – fewer roll changes
If you would like to discuss stretch wrap analysis contact Macfarlane Packaging today.