With the “return to work” announcement this week, many businesses are assessing how to manage their workspaces in anticipation of ramping up production/trading again. However, it looks like working from home – for those who can – is here for the long-term.
This can prove challenging for businesses and individuals alike, as we all try to balance work, life, childcare and the stresses of living in a pandemic. Our working hours won’t always fit neatly into a 9-5 routine so, it’s important to have a framework in place that can support and simplify processes that can work slightly different now that we are no longer “face to face”.
If you are putting an infrastructure in place for long-term packaging procurement team remote working, here are a few considerations that may point to the need for a concise e-trading platform to help streamline the team and open up communication without the need for constant phone calls.
1) Would it be useful to process orders outside normal working hours?
2) Do you need to manage a remote team of buyers from your home office?
3) Do you need confidence that they can buy products at an agreed price from an agreed supplier?
4) Will you need to authorise orders that have been requested by remote buyers at the touch of a button?
5) Do you look after multiple sites and locations?
6) Do you need to analyse your company spend by product or site?
7) Do you need to confirm recent delivery of your supplies or generate a copy invoice?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you may be interested in our “Free to use” portal – Simplicit.e.
Available to all of our customers, Simplicit.e can be configured to your unique demands including:
- ordering via excel spreadsheets, which will automatically translate to orders on our system
- “Punch-out” purchase ordering – so you only process the order once, on your system, then it automatically transfers to ours
- Order Online using Desktop, Mobile or Tablet.
- Order placement in GBP or Euros
If you think our easy ordering platform can help your business right now, please let us know. We can set up your account today. Why not contact us to find out more.